It is needless to mention that Ravi Punj is a well proficient and skilful movie director in the Punjabi entertainment industry. He contributed to the industry by giving various hit movies like Titanic, Ni Tu Jatt Di pasand and Visa. Nowadays, he is in the spotlight, because of his upcoming movies Ult Pult and Lanka. Both of the movies are filmed on different concepts, which will depict the creative side of Punj and boost his career in the industry. According to Ravi, he is here in the industry to revolutionize the audience through expressing his thoughts via movies. And, he is all set to be in the industry for decades due to his tremendous unique ideas, vast knowledge and encouragement of his father. He was born in a Hindu Punjabi family on July 28, 1980 and his birthplace is village Jhaloor, Barnala, Punjab. He completed his primary education from Government High School, Jhaloor. Moreover, he is the elder son in the family followed by two siblings. His father Kuldeep Sharma is a farmer in occupation and mother Suresh kumari is a house lady.
RAVI PUNJ GENERAL INFO
|Real Name||Ravi Sharma|
|Born||July 28, 1980|
|Birth Place||Jhaloor, Barnala|
|School||Government High School|
|Fathers Name||Kuldeep Sharma|
|Mothers Name||Suresh kumari|
|Siblings||2 (1 brother- 1 sister)|
|Occupation||Writer - Director|
|Year Active||2004- Present|
RAVI PUNJ FAVOURITE THINGS
|Actor||Shahrukh Khan, Aamir Khan|
|Male Singer||Sukhwinder Singh|
|Female Singer||Sunidhi Chouhan|
|Hobbies||Reading literature, Watching Movies|
|Quote||Main Raaha Te Ni Turda, Main Jado Turda Taa Raah Bande|
|Literature||Ek Aank Faansi
MORE ABOUT RAVI PUNJ
- The famous punjabi director says that his grandfather, Shri Naseeb Chand has played an indispensable role to start his career as a director. He has learnt countless things from the limitless experience of his grandfather, which he is applying to fulfil his dream.
- Moreover, Shri Naseeb Chand is 107 years old today in 2021 and living a fit and healthy life. In fact, he has been interviewed by numerous channels for his long life, which makes his grandson even more proud.
- As earlier said that he was encouraged by his father to choose this profession. Actually, his father experienced a stylist lifestyle in his early age and he was the most admired personality of his area. As per the saying of Ravi Punj, his father was owning a Java Motorcycle in his young age and people used to come to his house to watch television. Furthermore, his father set an example after doing a love marriage in 1979. Overall, Kuldeep Sharma lived a life on his own ethics and always maintained unity in the family. This is why he wanted his son to set a miracle and be a film director.
- Punj witnessed a number of stories and observed the ground reality of numerous people. Which made his mindset even more creative and inspires him to write extraordinary and realistic scripts.
- He said Tarsem Singh Sema, Jagraj Singh Raju and Seera jhaloor are those friends, who have always believed in his ideas and supported him alot.
- He always believes in team work and is willing to be gathered with the most enthusiastic and trustworthy team.
- Jagseer singh Babbu Jhaloor joined him 20 years ago and today he is sharing a bond with Babbu like his own son. Jagseer is also handling his work as a production manager with him.
- Another team member, Harjinder Singh Goldy is working as an executive producer and transport head with him, who joined him 14 years back.
- Similarly, Karampreet Samra is also giving his priceless efforts to accomplish the goal of Ravi from the last 14 years and handling as an associate director.
- He is also teaching his son Harry the intricacies of the field so that he will be ready to take charge.
- In 2004 , Punj also established the first punjabi cultural band to introduce in bollywood along with Jatinder Mauhar and Princekanwaljit singh. This renowned band name was Musafir Band. Somehow, it had to be shut down even after the huge success. But Ravi is all set to re-launching the latest band with another name and the audience will surely accept it.
- The director has also a mammoth renown in the Bombay film industry, he shares a great bond with actor Gavy Chahal, Akanksha Shareen, Avtar Gill, Rahul Dev and Shashi Kiran, a senior actor, who worked with Amitabh Bachchan and Rajesh Khanna in various movies.
- He also worked under the direction and assistance of the most adept DOP Krishna Ramanan, who worked for movies Warish Shah, Sheed e mohabbat and Shakti.
- He is fond of reading literature and Ek Aank Faansi is one of his favourites, which he also gifted to the most admired singer Babbu Maan.
- Describing one more from his favourite novels of Amrita Preetam, Jeewi. Jeewi is a Punjabi translation of a Gujrati novel. The character of this famous novel gets depressed after the circumstances in her life, who have not come back yet after sitting in a bus from the very day.
- He also revealed that very shortly he is going to release some bigger projects on OTT platforms and big screen. Those projects will be depicting unique and quality content to its audience.
- And, he wants to bring punjabi cinema to a different level like the south industry, where the Bollywood people will remake the Punjabi movies.
- His Punjabi movie Titanic was released in 2018, which was written and directed by himself. One of the most famous singers, Sharry maan released the Trailer of Titanic. The story was inspired from real events from his village and based on the unemployment of a mechanical engineer. Raj Jhinjer played the character of mechanical engineer, Kamal Khangoora was female lead and Hobby Dhaliwal played a negative role. Surprisingly, Hobby got nominated for the PTC Punjabi Award for his ultimate performance in this film.
His upcoming Punjabi movie Ult Pult is going to be released soon. The shoot has already been done and the actor Hobby Dhaliwal is all set to surprise his audience with his acting and look. This amazing comedy movie will be revealing the unseen truths of Casteism with a light heart concept.
He became so glad while talking about his one more upcoming project, the Punjabi movie Lanka . The movie will be devoted to the audience very shortly in the year 2021 only. The story is based on a sensitive concept, which will be filled with suspense and tremendous twists. In fact, the film Lanka is going to be released in three sequences consecutively. The film is written and directed by Ravi Punj and Deep Datewas wrote the screenplay dialogues for this upcoming hit. He gives most of the credit of his success and back to back projects, to singer and producer Mann Dhami.
Recently, marking a significant announcement milestone, team Lanka has revealed the most elegant actor Surmeet as Peter. Surmeet is ready to amaze his fans with the ultimate performance, as he has worked desperately to mold himself in the character he is playing.
While introducing another artist from the movie Punj said, “Yaad Grewal is a kind of personality of Punjabi cinema, which does not need to be introduced. Grewal who had been tracking new hit records is now coming soon as Baghel Singh in the latest movie Lanka.Yaad has contributed with his surprising acting in the movie.” He added, “Sardar Sohi, renowned and hardworking artist will be seen as Avtar Singh in Lanka. Sohi has played several roles and did so much hard work during the shoot, as he was not feeling well during the entire shoot.”
As per Ravi, the elegant and fine actress Sonia Mann is all set to feel the character of Noori Sehgal. Mann is going to perform a dissimilar character in this movie as a politician, which has not been done in her entire career. While protesting at Tikri border for farmers’ laws, Sonia decided to not charge even a penny for this project after listening to the story. Even the entire team has contributed at their best and done a lot of hard work to complete the shoot.