“I never viewed myself as particularly talented. Where I excel is ridiculous, sickening, work ethic. You know, while the other guy’s sleeping, I’m working.” – Will Smith
Willard Carroll Smith Jr. popularly known as Will Smith, is an American actor, rapper, and producer. He is known for the motion picture “Bad Boys” and “Men In Black”. Smith is four times Grammy Awards winner. He is energetic, determined, and a hard worker. Smith is famous for his charming look, quick wit, and cool style. He has grabbed third place in this year’s highest-paid actors. Will Smith net worth is $350 million.
WILL SMITH EARLY LIFE
- Will Smith was born on 25 September 1968 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S. to Willard Carroll Smith Sr. and Caroline. He was the oldest among four children of a refrigeration engineer, a U.S. Air Force veteran, and a Philadelphia school board administrator. At the age of 13, his parents got separated.
- Will Smith was raised in Wynnefield, Pennsylvania. Smith went to a private Catholic elementary school “Our Lady of Lourdes,” in Philadelphia as it was the best school in the neighborhood. Smith felt some of the nuns and priests were racist.
- Later he attended Overbrook High School. At school, he got the nickname “Prince” because he was extremely charming. He was efficient in his studies and received a scholarship to attend the Massachusetts Institute of Technology(MIT). Even though he was admitted to an engineering program, he refused to attend it as he aspired to build his career in rapping.
WILL SMITH CAREER
- At the age of 12, Will Smith started to rap. He used to add a comic element in his raps which later became his trademark.
- At the age of 16, he met Jeff Townes. They became friends and later produced music. In 1986, the duo DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince released their first single “Girls Ain’t Nothing But Trouble” which was a hit.
- Later in 1987, they released the album “Rock the House” which hit the billboard top 200.
- In 1988, they released “Parents Just Don’t Understand” which won a Grammy Award and was the first ever Grammy Award given for Rap Performance.
- Due to his fame and continuous hits, he got the attention of television producers. In 1990, he worked in television sitcom “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air” which was telecasted on NCB for six seasons.
- Afterwards, he did numerous films and became a renowned actor. Now he is one of the highest paid actors in Hollywood.Some of his movies are: “Men in Black”, The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air”, “Ali”, “Pursuit of Happyness”, “I Am Legend”, “Enemy of the State”, “Independence Day”, “Bad Boys”, “Dads”.
WILL SMITH PERSONAL LIFE
Will Smith has been married twice. His first marriage was to ShereeZampino in 1992. The couple got divorced in 1995. They have a son together Willard Smith III also known as Trey(b. 1992). Afterwards, in 1997, He married actress Jada Pinkett Smith. They have two kids together named Jaden(b. 1998) and Willow(b. 2000).