Thomas Cruise Mapother IV, popularly known as Tom Cruise is an American actor and producer born on July 3, 1962. He is one of the highest paid actors and highest grossing box office worldwide. In 1980’s, he emerged as one of the most loved stars. Cruise is famous for his charming looks and acting skills. He brings life to every character. He has been honored with many awards for his work. He has won three Golden Globe Awards and three nominations for Academy Awards. His net worth is $600 million.
- Cruise was born in Syracuse, New York to Thomas Cruise Mapother III and Mary Lee. His Father was an electrical engineer and Mother was a special education teacher. He has three sisters.
- In 1971, Cruise moved to Ottawa, Canada where his father was a defense consultant with the Canadian armed forces.
- He grew up in poverty and was raised as a catholic.
- His Father used to beat him. He was unhappy with his father and bullies at school.
- In 1974, when Cruise was 12, his mother left his father and took Cruise and his sisters back to the United States.
- Cruise reunited with his father ten years later when he was in the hospital dying of cancer. His father agreed to meet only if Cruise won’t ask any questions regarding the past.
- In total, he attended 15 schools in 14 years.
- In high school, Cruise used to play varsity football but was cut from the team as he was caught drinking before a match.In 1980, he graduated from Glen Ridge High School in New Jersey.
- When Cruise was 18, he moved to New York City to pursue an acting career. There he worked as a busboy.
- Before pursuing an acting career, Cruise wanted to be a Priest.
Cruise has been married thrice. In 1987, He first married Mimi Rogers. Their marriage lasted from 9 May, 1987 to 4 February 1990.
On 24 December, 1990, Tom Cruise married Nicole Kidman. The couple got divorced on 8th August, 2001.
Then he married his third wife Katie Holmes on 18 November, 2006. The couple has a nine year old daughter. The couple got divorced on 20 August, 2012.
In 1981, he made his film debut with Endless Love. He played a small supporting role as Billi in it. Later, in 1983, he got international fame by playing the lead role in romantic-comedy movie Risky Business. He did numerous action, thriller, horror and romantic movies afterwards. Some of the are: Born on the Fourth of July, The Color of the Money, A Few Good Men, Interview with the Vampire, The Color of Money (1986), Top Gun(1986), Rain Man (1988), Born on the Fourth of July(1989), Minority Report (2002), Live Die Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow (2014), Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation (2015), Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol (2011), Mission: Impossible – Fallout (2018).
Even at the age of 59, Tom Cruise is one of the biggest action stars. His stunts are even getting crazier. He is a hard worker and does all his stunts by himself. His upcoming movies are “Top Gun: Maverick” which is going to release on ,“Mission: Impossible 7” which is going to release on May 27, 2022 & Mission: Impossible 8 which is going to release on 6 July, 2023.