Dwayne Douglas Johnson popularly known as “The Rock” is an American actor, producer, wrestler and businessman. He worked as a professional wrestler from 1996 to 2004. He is famous for portraying “Luke Hobbs” in Fast & Furious. Later Rock began his second crossover into movies. With his tremendous acting skills he became one of the highest grossing as well as highest paid actors. He has hit the top among Hollywood’s most popular actors in the world. He has done voice over for Disney character “Polynesian demigod Maui” for the film Moana.
In 2021, Rock starred as well as produced his autobiographical series “Young Rock”. He is the founder of Seven Bucks Production.He has done numerous movies including Fighting With the family, Fast Five, Fast & Furious 6, Furious 7, The Moana, Central Intelligence, Hercules, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, Jumanji: The Next Level, Rampage, Skyscraper. He has also appeared in HBO’s series “Ballers” which became HBO’s most watched comedy series from 2015 to 2019. Net worth of Dwayne is $320 million.
SOME FACTS ABOUT DWAYNE JOHNSON
- Rock was born on May 2, 1972, in Hayward, California, United States.
- His father Rocky Johnson was a professional wrestler. Even his mother Ata Maivia was also the daughter of a wrestler.
- He was an athletic kid and was on high schools football, track and field, and wrestling teams.
- In 1995, he graduated in criminology and physiology from the University of Miami.
- He got a scholarship from University to play defensive tackle for their team.
- In 1991, he won a national championship. But later he switched to wrestling.
- In his initial wrestling career, he took training from his father who was also a renowned wrestler.
- In 1996, Dwayne Douglas Johnson made his debut in WWF. Two years later, he won the WWE Championship.
- He has 17 championships to his name in WWE. He has won ten times “World’s Heavyweight Championship”, twice the WWF Intercontinental championship and five times WWF Tag Team Championship.
- He became one of the most popular wrestlers ever for his overpowered strength and charming looks. He had a huge female fan following.
- Because of his fame he got offers for roles on television and films.
- In 2001, he made his movie debut with the film “The Mummy Returns” playing the role of “The scorpion king”.He later acted in ‘The Game Plan’, ‘Race to Witch Mountain’.
- In 2011, Dwayne appeared in Fast and Furious fifth sequel, “Fast Five” playing as Luke Hobbs which grossed $86 million in its first week, making it Dwayne one if the biggest hits. Afterwards, he appeared in “Fast & Furious 6”, “Furious 7”, “Rampage”, “Skyscraper” and many more hit movies.
- Dwayne is the co-owner of American football league XFL.
“Success isn’t always about ‘Greatness’, it’s about consistency. Consistent, hard work gains success. Greatness will come.” – Dwayne Johnson