Oscar winning, Angelina Jolie is a renowned American actress, filmmaker, and humanitarian. She is one of Hollywood’s most influential and highest-paid actresses. She is known for her sexual attractiveness and bold personality as well as for her social and humanitarian work. Her net worth is $120 million. She is famous for her role in Hackers (1995), George Wallance(1997), Gia (1998), Playing By Heart (1998), Girl, Interrupted (1999), Sky Captain And The World Of Tomorrow (2004), Mr. And Mrs. Smith (2005), Beowulf (2007), A Mighty Heart (2007), Kung-Fu Panda (2008), Wanted (2008), Maleficent (2014), By The Sea (2015), Those Who Wish Me Dead(2021).
Angelina Jolie has also done a voice-over for the animation film series Tigress, Lola in Kung-Fu Panda, and Stella in The One and Only Ivan. She has won numerous awards. She has won 3 GoldenGlobe Awards, 2 Screen Actors Guild Awards, and an Academy Award for BestSupporting Actress. She has won a total of 60 Awards and been nominated 148 times.
ANGELINA JOLIE’S HUMANITARIAN WORK
In 2000, she became aware of humanitarian crises. At that time she was in Cambodia to film Tomb Raider.Since then she decided to help refugees and bring their problems to the limelight.Later in 2001, Jolie was named as UNHCR Goodwill Ambassador. Since then she has visited more than 20 countries around the world to meet refugees and to promote their protection.
The Education Partnership for Children of Conflict wasco-founded by Angelina Jolie. She along with designer Robert Procop introduceda jewelry collection called the Style of Jolie. They decided to donate complete profit for charity purposes and later opened a primary school in Afghanistan With it. She has also founded the Maddox Jolie-Pitt Foundation. She has also been the ambassador of SOS Children’s Village who works for abandoned children.
She supports many causes like Disaster Relief, Slavery, Cancer, Humantrafficking, Education, Orphans, and many more. She has won the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award for her humanitarian activities.
Recently Angelina Jolie joinedInstagram. She posted a letter sent from an Afghan Girl to her. Joliebeats Jennifer Aniston to gain 1 million followers on Instagram in the shortest duration of time.
ANGELINA JOLIE’S EARLY LIFE
- Jolie was born on June 4, 1975, in Los Angeles, California, U.S.
- Jolie is the daughter of popular actor JonVoight. During her early days, she spent much of her days in New York before shifting to Los Angeles.
- She attended the Lee Strasberg Theatre andFilm Institute for two years and then enrolled at Beverly Hills High School.
- She later studied drama at New YorkUniversity.
- In addition to acting in theatre drama, she modeled and appeared in music videos.
- She won an Academy Award for her supporting role as a mental patient in Girl, Interrupted (1999).
- In 1982, she appeared on screen as a child artist in the film Lookin’ to Get Out along with her father JonVoight.
- In 1995, She did her first major role in the film Hackers.
- The actress has married thrice.In 1995, she married her childhood lover Johnny
- Lee Miller. Later, they divorced in 1999.
- In 2000, she got married to Billy Bob Thorntonin Las Vegas. Their marriage didn’t last long. The couple got divorced in 2003.
- Later she fell in love with Brad Pitt and the couple got married on 23 August 2014. The couple got divorced on 12 April 2019.
- Jolie is a mother of 3 sons and 3 daughters. Among which she adopted 3 children.
“I do believe in the old saying, ‘What does not kill you makes you stronger.’ Our experiences, good and bad, make us who we are. By overcoming difficulties, we gain strength and maturity.”
– Angelina Jolie