Hirdesh Singh popularly known as Yo Yo Honey Singh is an Indian Rapper and singer from Punjab. Some of his hits are Blue Eyes, Brown Rang, Desi Kalakaar, Lungi Dance, ShorMachega, Saiyaanji, First kiss. Honey Singh and Shalini Talwar met each other during school days. They were in a long-distance relationship when honey went abroad for further studies. She became a model. The couple tied the knot on 23 January, 2011 but kept their marriage secret till 2014. The couple started to have differences. Singh’s wife has accused him and his family of domestic violence. Shalini claimed that Honey Singh never liked her and always refused to wear an engagement ring. She filed a 120 page petition in Delhi’s Tis Hazari Court which has details of multiple allegations towards the rapper. The Rapper has released a statement saying all such allegations are “false and malicious”. He further said, “I strongly refute all the allegations but will not comment any further because the matter is subjudice before the Court of Law. I have full faith in the judicial system of this country, and I am confident that the truth will be out soon.”
Honey Singh’s wife has accused him of multiple offenses under the Act of Protection of Women from Domestic Violence. The accusations are :
- Extra marital affair with multiple women
- Mercilessly beating her when the wedding pictures were leaked
- Consuming drugs and alcohol
- Numerous incidents of cruelty, physical, verbal, mental, and emotional abuse by rapper and his family.
- Felt like “farm animal…being treated cruelly”
- She has also accused his father-in-law of sexually harassing her. She said that her father-in-law once entered her room when she was changing clothes. He was in a drunken state and touched him inappropriately.
- Shalini Talwar has demanded ₹20 crore as compensation from him. She also asked to pay ₹5 lakh every month for fully furnished accommodation in Delhi.
Honey Singh’s statement on the charge filed by his wife
- Honey Singh responds to the accusation : Honey responded to the accusation and clarified it by a post on social media, “I am deeply pained and distressed by the false and malicious allegations levied against me and my family by my companion/wife of 20 years, Mrs. ShaliniTalwar. The allegations are severely odious.”
- Honey Singh breaks Silence for the 1st time : The rapper-singer says that even though he was harshly criticized in the past, he never issued any public statement. However, this time it’s different as some of the allegations have been directed at my family who has always stood with him. He says the allegations are cynical and defaming in nature. He also says that everyone who has been part of his crew knows about his relationship with his wife.
- Honey Singh says the truth will be out soon : Honeys strongly condemn all the allegations and refuse to comment further as the matter is before the court. He has full confidence in the justice system and is sure that the truth will come out soon. He has requested his fans and public to not draw any conclusion about him and his family until the court pronounces a verdict. He is also confident that honesty will win. Lastly, he has thanked his fans for all the love and support. It’s them who inspire Yo Yo to make good music.