“Barcelona gave me everything, they took a chance on me when nobody else would. I never have any desire to play for anybody else, I will be here for as long as they want me.” – Lionel Messi
Lionel Messi “The Football Champion” and 6 times Ballon d’Or winner confirms his exit from Barcelona on Sunday in a Press Conference. His eyes were filled with tears as he reached the stage. There was a wave of emotions in the atmosphere. Messi says he was not ready for it. He is still not coming to terms with the reality of leaving the club. He further added, “The time when I made my debut, that was my dream come true and everything that came later was amazing. I will always remember that moment where everything started.”
Messi says he and his wife were convinced that they are going to stay home in Barcelona and this is what they wanted more than anything. He also added he has given everything to this team from the very first day. He has never imagined saying goodbye.
Lionel Messi posted on social media, “I would have liked to leave in another way, although I suppose that a farewell can never be something nice … I would have loved to continue here, I did everything with that objective and in the end it did not happen. I only have words of thanks for all those who have accompanied me in so many years at the club. And for our fans, that they gave me all their love and that I tried to give it back to them, also giving everything for this shirt. I’m leaving but it’s not goodbye, just see you later. Visit Barça !!!”
SOME FACTS ABOUT MESSI’S EXIT
- Barcelona has confirmed on 5th August that Messi will not continue to play for the club as it is not possible due to LaLiga’s Financial Fair Play rules.
- As Messi wanted to stay in the club, he agreed to sign contract with 50% salary cut.
- But Barcelona still can’t afford to have Messi in their team. According to the FFP rule, wage to turnover percentage should be 70%.
- Messi’s fans around the world were in tears and expressed their grief on social media.
- Team is devastated by the fact that their captain and Star player of the team will not be in the team.
- Some of the fans call it the end of an era. As soon as Messi left Barcelona, he received a contract offer for 2 year from Paris Saint-Germain.
- He has also received offers from many other Clubs.
- The legendary player and his representatives are looking forward to the offers