Jeff Bezos, an American entrepreneur is the founder and the chief executive officer of Amazon and the owner of The Washington Post. He was born on January 12, 1964 in New Mexico, USA. His mother Jacklin was only 17 years old when he was born and his father Ted left them when he was only 3 years old. Then he used the surname of his step father. In his initial days, he invented an electric alarm to prevent his siblings from entering his room. Which made him dedicated toward his goal. His stepfather was the first person who believed in him and invested. Later, he got 2300 percent profit and became a billionaire.
Jeff Bezos became one of the richest individuals of the world, made by his successful business ventures. On July 16, 1995 Jeff opened Amazon.com and named it after the South American river The Amazon. He opted for this name after asking 300 friends to beta test his site. Along with 3 employees, he began developing software in his garage, in the months leading up to launch. Eventually, they expanded the operations into a two bedroom house equipped with three Sun Microstations. Before, the service was named Amazon Video on Demand and later, the service was renamed as Amazon Instant Video.
AMAZON PRIME VIDEO GENERAL INFO
|Name of the site||Amazon Prime Video|
|Type of business||Division|
|Type of site||OTT platform|
|Prime Video Founded on||February 22, 2011|
|Amazon Founded On||2 February 2005|
|Headquarters||Seattle, Washington, United States|
|Area served||Worldwide (excluding Mainland China, Cuba, Iran, North Korea and Syria)|
|Founder (s)||Jeff Bezos|
|Industry||Entertainment, mass media|
|Products||Streaming media, video on demand, digital distribution|
|Services||Film production, film distribution, television production|
|Revenue||$ 112 Billions|
|Divisions|| Tech & Entertainment, mass media|
|Amazon Contact/Phone Number||+1800-3000-9009, +1800-419-7355, +1800-4197-0000|
|Launched on||September 7, 2006; 14 years ago|
|Users||175 million (Paid; as of April 2021)|
ABOUT THE FOUNDER JEFF BEZOS AND AMAZON
- Jeff got married to MacKenzie Tuttle in 1993 after dating for 3 months.
- Bezos and MacKenzie have four children together, including three sons and a daughter adopted from China.
- They got separated in 2019, after more than 25 years of marriage.
- As per the settlement of the divorce, Bezos stake in Amazon was cut from 16 percent to 12 percent, putting his stake at nearly $110 billion and MacKenzie’s at more than $37 billion.
- Then significantly, MacKenzie announced that she planned to give away at least half of her wealth to charity.
- Bezos continued to diversify Amazon’s offerings with the sale of CDs and videos in 1998, and later clothes, electronics, toys and more through major retail partnerships.
- In the year 2011 the sales jumped from $510,000 in 1995 to over $17 billion, while many dot.coms of the early ’90s went bust.
- By the year 2018, the company had surpassed 100 million paid subscribers for Amazon Prime.
- Amazon was valued at more than $1 trillion and became the second company to ever hit that record just a few weeks after Apple by september 2018.
- At this point, Amazon amazed its employees, while announcing that it was raising the minimum wage for its workers to $15 per hour.
- The company has still been criticized for its working conditions and grueling pace, with workers protesting during Prime Day in July 2019.
Here are some of quotes of the American entrepreneur to be inspired, which are listed below:
“If you do build a great experience, customers tell each other about that. Word of mouth is very powerful.”
“We expect all our businesses to have a positive impact on our top and bottom lines. Profitability is very important to us or we wouldn’t be in this business.”
“There are two kinds of companies, those that work to try to charge more and those that work to charge less. We will be the second.”
“A brand for a company is like a reputation for a person. You earn a reputation by trying to do hard things well.”
MORE ABOUT AMAZON PRIME VIDEO
- Initially, the success of the company was prompt.
- Amazon sold books across the U.S. and in 45 countries within 30 days, with no press promotion.
- The sales reached $20,000 in two months, growing faster than Bezos and his startup team had envisaged.
- Two years later, the start-up not only increased, but also outpaced competitors, depicted itself as an e-commerce leader.
- In 1997, Amazon.com went public, leading many market analysts to question.
- Whether the company could hold its own, when existing retailers have launched their own e-commerce sites.
- Initially known as Amazon Unbox on TiVo, Amazon launched its video on demand service in 2006.
- Eventually, It was rebranded as Amazon Instant Video.
- With the launch of Amazon Studios in the year 2013, it premiered numerous original programs.
- In 2015, Spike Lee’s Chi-Raq was produced and released as its first original feature film.
- For a cameo appearance, Bezos stepped in front of the camera playing an alien in Star Trek Beyond, in 2016, after being a Star Trek fan since childhood.
- In the movie credits on IMDb, Bezos is mentioned as a Starfleet Official.
- The Seattle Times reported in early 2018, Amazon had concentrated on its consumer operations.
- In order, to focus on growing areas consisting of digital entertainment and Alexa, a virtual assistant of Amazon.