Tiger Woods is a pro golfer who set a record by winning U.S Masters at the age 21, in 1997 and became the first youngest and African-American man to win this title.He holds many golf records. Wood’s first major victory was at age of 21, in April, 1997, where he won one of the golf’s four major championships. He won the prestigious Masters Tournament by a record 12 strokes in Augusta, Georgia.It was counted as one of the greatest performances in the history of golf after almost more than a century. He became the youngest golfer in two years to win a Masters and the first person of an Asian or African legacy to win a major title.
Wood’s second major victory was at age of 37,on May, 2013,when he won the Player Championship.After that his career had a pace and kept winning many matches. His last major victory was in April, 2019,when he won the Master Tournament. On May 6, Tiger Woods was honored with the Presidential Medal of Freedom from Donald Trump who noted the golfer’s ability to battle back from adversity and his relentless will to win, win, win. Tiger has gone through many severe injuries throughout his career but always bounced back and proved himself as a pro golfer.
Major wins of Tiger Woods
- Tiger Woods has won 5 Masters Tournament.
- He has also won 4 PGA Championship.
- He won 3 Open Championship Tournament.
- He won 3 U.S Open Tournament.
Woods had a major accident on February 23, 2021 in a car crash, in California. He was extricated from the rolled over vehicle, suffering leg injuries that require surgery.He was rescued by firefighters and paramedics, then transported to a local hospital by ambulance for his injuries,This is not for the first time Woods has been injured but it is the most painful accident he ever had. He said, “This has been an entirely different animal. I understand more of the rehab processes because of my past injuries, but this was more painful than anything I have ever experienced.” The pro athlete, 15 times Major Championship winner said that his current focus is only on his recovery.
EARLY LIFE OF TIGER WOODS
- Eldrick Woods was born on December 30, 1975 to Earl Dennison Woods and Kultida Woods in Cypress, California.
- His Father was a retired U.S. Army officer and Vietnam War Veteran.Wood was a whizz kid, introduced to golf by his athlete Father at the age of 2
- At age of 6, in Cyprus, Tiger Woods won the Under Age 10 category for the Drive, Pitch, and Putt competition, held at the Navy Golf Course.
- At age of 8, he played in Junior World Championships and won the 10 boys event. It was the youngest age group available.
- He has won Junior World Championships six times.
- Tiger started to defeat his father Earl at the age of 11, who was also a golf player
- At age of 13, he played his 1st Major National junior tournament Big In 1989.
- He enrolled at Stanford under a golf scholarship scheme and won his first collegiate event, the 40th Annual William H. Tucker Invitational in September, 1994.
- He has been the PGA Player of the Year record eleven times.
- Woods has been the PGA Tour Player of the Year record eleven times.
- Tiger has been the PGA Tour Money Leader record ten times.
- Woods has won the Vardon Trophy record nine times.
- Woods has been the recipient of the Byron Nelson Award record nine times.
Tiger was always seen as a perfect and disciplined player, who had a model wife, two kids – daughter and a Son and a top ranked golfer. He was one of the most respectful players who followed a strict routine. However Woods’ life took a turn as rumours about him dating a nightclub manager started and was accused of reckless driving. In 2010, Wood confessed to being unfaithful by then his marriage was in shambles and many of his endorsements were taken away and he suffered in his career. In March 2013, the 37-year-old Woods confirmed to media outlets that he was dating 28-year-old Lindsey Vonn, a professional alpine ski racer from Minnesota and four-time World Cup winner.